Duplicating a Style
Styles can easily be duplicated, so that it's easy to have multiple styles with slight variations.
To duplicate a style:
- From the Style Manager create a new style
- Provide a name, and under 'Build from Style', select the style you want to duplicate
This will build your new style from the selected style - providing an exact replica.
To duplicate a style across publications
If you want to create a duplicate of a style, but place it within a different publication, we have to make use of the Style 'Type' function which is fully explained here. If you're already familiar with Style Type's, then follow these steps:
- Navigate to the Style Manager, set the style that you want to make a copy of to 'Global'
- Navigate to the publication you want the copy to be created in
- Create a new style
- Provide a name
- Under the 'Build from style' option, select the Style that you just set to Global
- Select Ok
- You now have a perfect duplicate of the original style
- Finally - Navigate back to the Style Manager of the publication the Global style originated from
- Change the Global style's 'Type' back to 'Publication'