Canvasflow offers the ability to quickly preview an article, style or template in a specific device environment.
This feature helps to provide a simulation of exactly how your published article will appear, without the distractions of the editing tools or needing to publish.
To access preview mode
- From the menu, click 'Workspace'.
- Click the 'Device Preview' button located below the workspace options. The canvas will change to preview mode.
- Use the scrollbar to scroll up and down the article.
- If required, click an alternative workspace to preview in a different environment.
- To exit the preview mode, click the close button (X).
Device component visibility
Canvasflow offers the ability to set the visibility stats of media components on a device type basis.
By default, components that are not eligible for display on a particular device are hidden when the workspace is set to that device type. However, it may sometimes be useful to be able to see which components will be hidden for a particular device. Toggling the device type component visibility allows you to get a better overview of how each component will be affected when changing the workspace.
Toggling device component visibility
- Enter preview mode via the 'Workspace' menu.
- Toggle the 'hidden components button' located below the workspace options.
- Switch between workspaces to change the device type. As you switch, components that should not be displayed, will appear with a 50% transparency effect rather than being hidden.
- To hide non eligible components, set the option tooff. Components will now disappear when the workspace is set to the appropriate
- When in preview mode, all editing features are disabled apart from the ability to switch the current style.
- Toggling device type component visibility is only available when in preview mode.