Working with Text Components
The Text component section within the article builder is made up of pre-formatted text items including Headline, Subtitle, Paragraph and Blockquote and many more. Once placed onto the canvas, content can be typed or pasted into the component.
The overall look and feel of these text components is defined by the style that is currently applied to the article. In most cases the applied style will ensure the content looks and feels as you require, however it is possible for content to be further customised from within the article builder.
Customising inline content
- Highlight the text you'd like to format.
- A text editor toolbar will appear which will allow you to apply the following inline styling:
- Colour (Background and text) The colour palette can be customised via publication settings
- Superscript & Subscript
- Special Characters
- Remove formatting
- Ordered and unordered lists
- Indent & outdent
- To link to a webpage simple select the Link icon and enter the URL. Alternatively, with some platforms such as Twixl, you can link to other pieces of content within an app using Custom URL Schemes
To change font style, padding and other text styles you can edit the style being applied to the article. Alternatively, you can use a Custom Style Block if you require part of your article to have different text formatting to the main article body.
To change the colour pallette available when in-line formatting text, check our helpdoc on Customising Publication Colors