Customising the Canvas
Customising the canvas style provides the ability to change the background colour as well as control the padding of the article. Think of the canvas as the page which the content sits on, essentially the foundation of a style, which is then built upon by customising components themselves.
To customise the canvas
- From the style manager, click the style you wish to edit.
- Select the 'edit' button at the top right of the canvas.
- This will expose the canvas styling options.
- Make the required style changes to the canvas.
- Click 'save' to commit the changes.
- Body Background: Change the background colour of the body. This is only used if publishing to the web. If publishing to apps only, we recommend setting to the same colour of the Canvas
- Canvas Background: Change the background colour of the canvas components sit on.
- Base Font Size
- Canvas Padding:
- px: Canvas padding can be calculated in Pixels for a flat value - for example, 50 padding will be 50 pixels padding on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- %: Canvas padding can also be calculated in percentage, allowing responsive design that takes into consideration the screen width of the device content is viewed on. So 50 padding will always be 50% of the screen width of the device content is viewed on. An example of the responsiveness of Percentage Padding can be found below:
- Media Component Bottom Margin: Adjust the padding margin underneath media components such as Images etc. This is always defined in px.